Finding wedding dresses on a budget is not a hard process…you just have to know where to look. Although they may be the most logical place for you to look first, you probably won’t be able to find the best prices in town at your local bridal dress shops. The question is where do I start looking?
Here are the Top 18 Ways to Help You Save Money on Your Wedding Dress:
1. Shop on Ebay – Ebay is a terrific place for the bargain hunter looking for wedding dresses but remember to always read the descriptions carefully and pay attention to how much the seller is charging for shipping and handling fees.
2. Order From the Internet(for example the lora bridal shop) – There are a number of fine online bridal merchants that offer unbeatable prices.
3. Dicker Over the Price – Sometimes local bridal shops will match prices that you find online, BUT you have to ask.
4. Buy “Off the Rack” – You can find some stores such as David’s and BridesMart in the U.S. that offer a good selection of moderately priced dresses with in stock sizes of 2 to 24.
5. Check the Classifieds – Be sure to check your local newspaper classifieds or online ad service such as Kijiji.
6. Shop in the Department Stores – Another great place to look for wedding dresses on a budget. Don’t discount places such as Sear’s and JCPenney. They often times carry a few budget wedding dresses for unbeatable prices.
7. Get It Made – If you have fallen in love with a dress that costs over $1000, you could perhaps consider having a custom copy made for you by a talented local seamstress.
8. Sew It Yourself – If you are a good sewer (or know a friend or relative who is) you can consider making the gown yourself.
9. Buy a “Sample Gown” – Another great source for wedding dresses on a budget is buying a sample gown. You just might occasionally go into your local bridal shop and find a rack of gowns on sale.
Ads by Google
10. Wear Your Mom’s Dress or Borrow a Dress – Even if it is a little out of style or date, you would be surprised at how well a talented seamstress could jazz up a vintage gown.
11. Order a Bridesmaid dress or Less Formal Gown – Many bridesmaids’ gowns can be ordered in white. You can easily find a beautiful, less-formal wedding dress this way.
12. Vintage Clothing Shops – Wedding dresses can also be found at vintage clothing shops.
13. Outlet Stores – Yes, there are bridal outlet stores for bridal designers and retailers that can offer you substantial savings on wedding dresses.
14. Fabric Swap – If your perfect gown is made of silk, ask if it comes in other more affordable fabric.
15. Travel to Another City/State/Province/Country – Combine a smaller town with other savings such as lower sales tax or favorable exchange rates.
16. Hire a Student – If you have a fashion school or college nearby, you might just be able to hire a student to make your wedding dress for you.
17. Charity Sales – You can also find wedding dresses on a budget by checking out charity sites such as Brides Against Breast Cancer.
18. Rent a Wedding Dress – Rental prices can range from $100 to $600 with deposit required and the gowns are professionally cleaned after each rental and can be altered to fit (check with each rental shop).
So you see, there’s 18 Ways to Finding Wedding Dresses on a Budget…although you want to look your best on your wedding, you certainly don’t want to pay more than you have to on a dress that you are going to wear for just a few hours!
Happy Bargain Hunting!